Richard has promoted a number of major Energy from Waste power stations through inquiries including:
- Belvedere in LB Bexley
- St. Dennis in Cornwall
- Hartlebury in Worcs
- Shepshed in Leics
- Middlewich in Cheshire
- Rookery South in Beds (the 1st NSIP project assessed by the IPC
- Kings Lynn in Norfolk (presently under inquiry)
- Severnside in South Gloucs
Other recent waste work has included landfill inquiries in Cheshire and Northants and a NSIP examination in Kingscliffe, Northants for low level radioactive waste.
- Residential development - Greenfield site on edge of Leckhampton. Instructed by Barton Willmore for David Wilson Homes and others
- Motorway Service area for Swayfields on M42. Instructed by Hammonds
- Residential development in Greenbelt to "enable" redevelopment of secondary school in Billericay. Instructed by PPML
- Major leisure/residential development in Cotswold Water Park. Instructed by Charles Planning
- Showmen's Yard, Lutterworth. Instructed by David Loveday
- Indoor Market, Blackpool. Instructed by Roger Etchells
- He has also advised this year on: landfill, incineration, redevelopment of Newbury racecourse, football stadia, major residential projects, Buncefield Terminal, superstores, redevelopment within Bristol University and major urban regeneration projects.
INQUIRIES, LDF EXAMINATIONS AND ADVISING
Clients including: Persimmon, David Wilson Homes, Bovis, Taylor Wimpey, Bellway, Charles Church, Linden and major Consortia Schemes
Major CPO Inquiry
Croydon Gateway Site
Major Regeneration Scheme
Attwood Green Inquiry
Richard Phillips QC has undertaken many leisure and entertainment planning and licensing cases, including: casinos - license applications in Central London and provinces; planning inquiry for casino in provinces; numerous amusement centre planning appeals; major hotel and chalet development inquiry in Cotswold Water Park.
In 2008 he has dealt with two s.34 Gaming Act 1968 appeals in the Magistrates Courts regarding Holloway Road, Islington and Green Lanes, Haringey. Instructed by Shoosmiths.
And he has advised on casinos in Preston, Blackpool, Sunderland, Birmingham, Manchester, Margate and Newcastle, where he dealt with planning and licensing issues. Instructed by Noble Organisation and Berwin Leighton Paisner.