FTB’s specialist Cannabis Law Group was among the first to be established in a leading set of barristers’ chambers in the UK. Members are at the forefront of advising domestic and international businesses already involved in, or wishing to enter, the UK’s legal cannabis, hemp and CBD market. We also advise trade bodies and policy groups, as well as regulators. Our members are widely published in legal journals in relation to the legal and policy aspects of cannabis law. We accept instructions both from leading solicitors and, in appropriate cases, directly from businesses and individuals.
The areas members provide advice on include:
- Industrial hemp (low THC) licences
- High THC controlled drugs licences
- CBD products and “novel foods”
- Food Standards Agency and Trading Standards investigations
- Import and export regulatory issues (including Border Force seizures and condemnation proceedings)
- Planning and environmental law - including hemp farms, cannabis laboratories, processing plants and changes of land use.
- Medicinal cannabis and research
- Criminal law, Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and money laundering regulation implications.
- EU-law (and Brexit implications) and human rights
- Public Law and Judicial Reviews
- Data Protection issues
If you wish to instruct a Member of FTB’s Cannabis Law Group please contact the clerking team.