Jeremy has been a CEDR credited mediator since 2007. He has handled a number of complex mediations including a multi-party multi-issue mediation which he devised arising from the Business & Enterprise Select Committee (BESC): Relationship Between Pub Companies and Lessees - Seventh Report of Session 2008-09. Resolution (both as mediator and mediation advocate) of major environmental litigation involving local authorities and national and international operators as well as smaller property disputes.
- Co-Mediator with Michel Kallipetis KC in unprecedented mediation concerning contractual, commercial and property issues affecting the licensed trade (see Seventh Report (2009) Business & Enterprise Select Committee)
- Devising and then resolving (as mediation advocate) to resolve long-standing alleged odour nuisance affecting City Centre, thereby avoiding 3-week magistrates’ court appeal.
- Successful mediation of long standing major environmental (involving national regulator).
- Resolving as mediator long-standing local land ownership and boundary disputes
- Resolution of licensing and environmental disputes concerning a major national sporting event by informal mediation (advocate)
- "Finding Common Ground" ('Planning' magazine March 2008 - with John Parmiter)
- CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution) - Accredited Mediator (October 2007)
- SCMA (Standing Conference of Mediation Advocates) - Member
Securing ‘Sufficient and Adequate’ Reasons in Disciplinary Proceedings (with Mark O'Brien O'Reilly)
'The (Underutilised) Role of Mediation in Licensing' (with Conor Fegan)  Journal of Licensing
Back to ADR
"He is exceptionally eloquent and persuasive on paper and is able to engage in a positive and constructive manner with the Tribunal when on his feet."Chambers and Partners, 2023
"He is authoritative and knowledgeable." "Jeremy's attention to detail and thoroughness are second to none."Chambers and Partners, 2021
"Responsive, unflappable and thoroughly prepared, his experience and commerciality make him a real asset."The Legal 500, 2021
"He has a unique knowledge of licensing legislation which enables him to provide assistance on a wide range of licensing and gambling issues."Chambers and Partners, 2020
"His in-depth analysis and consideration of the case are invaluable. He is also very responsive to time pressures."Chambers and Partners, 2020