This year the seminar had the following presentations:
- Dr Richard Caddell, Reader in Marine and Environmental Law at Cardiff University, spoke about the UN Principles on Protection of the Environment in Relation to Armed Conflicts and environmental crimes in the context of the invasion of Ukraine.
- Prof Gordon Anthony, Professor of Public Law at Queen’s University Belfast, spoke about trends in case law in judicial review in Northern Ireland, in respect of standing and the arguability threshold.
- Dr Nick Hatzis, Associate Professor in Law at the University of Nottingham, spoke about new CJEU case law on compensation for excessive pollutant emissions.
- Prof Donald McGillivray, Professor of Environmental Law at Sussex University, spoke about climate change, EIA and environmental outcomes reports.
- Dr Emmanuel Osuteye, Associate Professor in the Development Planning Unit at UCL, spoke about his work on climate change adaptation, loss and damage, disaster management, and urban resilience in sub-Saharan Africa.
Esther Drabkin-Reiter also gave an update on FTB’s Environmental Law Blog.
The seminar was organised and chaired by Richard Honey KC.