Gregory has a wide experience of both promoting and opposing national and major infrastructure projects. He is an expert in the field of Development Consent Order (DCOs). He served as co-head of the FTB Infrastructure Group and a member of the National Infrastructure Planning Association. He has previously sat on the Planning and Transportation Committee of the City of London. Gregory is also an Assistant Editor of the National Infrastructure Planning Service (published online by Bloomsbury and of the 2015 hardcopy book also published by Bloomsbury). His available papers include 'Business and Commercial DCOs - pros and cons over other regimes” at the FTB Annual Infrastructure Seminar on 25 February 2015.
Include the following:
- Acting for the promotors of the EN1 and EN2 DCO for offshore wind turbines (2020, 2021 and ongoing)
- Acting for landowners opposed to the London Resort DCO (2021 ongoing)
- Acted for landowners opposed to the Sizewell C DCO (2021)
- Acted for Lafarge Tarmac in respect of the proposed East Midlands Gateway DCO (2015). Lafarge Tarmac seeks to protect its access arrangements to its mineral extraction activities.
- Successfully promoted the Able Marine Energy Park (AMEP) at North Killingholme AMEP is located centrally in the UK on the South Bank of the River Humber adjacent to Humber Sea Terminal and close to Immingham Port. It forms the UK’s largest developable land bank with a deep-water frontage (320 hectares) designed for the needs of the Offshore Marine Renewables Sector, particularly Offshore Wind.http://infrastructure.planningportal.gov.uk/projects/yorkshire-and-the-h... (2012-2013)
- Successfully resisted the compulsory purchase of his client's land in the North Killingholme (Generating Station) DCO. (2013-2014)
- Advised a major national utility company promoting a unique national infrastructure project through DCO process. (2011-2013)
Include the following
- Advising Highways England on the application of the precautionary principles in respect of uncertainty on air quality assessments for major road schemes in connection with Directive 2008/50/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2008 on Ambient air quality and cleaner air for Europe (“AQD”) (2018)
- Advsing Highways Agency on proposed Road Orders to deliver changes to junction 1 of the M1 associated with the Brent Cross, Cricklewood Scheme. (25 April 2016).
- Advising the Welsh Government on Re: Article 3.2: Ramsar Notification implications on M4 (2014).
- Advising the Welsh Government on FoE judicial review challenge to the Welsh Minister’s decision to adopt the “M4 Corridor Around Newport Plan” (dated 16 July 2014).
- Acted for the highways authority, Cambridgeshire County Council in respect of the Highways Agency’s A14 Ellington to Fen Ditton TPI Scheme - £1.2 billion road improvements. (2017)
- Acted for the promoters of the new Cambridge Station Interchange Development. (2016).
- Acted for First West Yorkshire Bus and the Leeds City College of Art successfully opposing the Leeds Trolley Bus Transport and Works Act Order (Inquiry lasting from March – October 2014).
Other Major Infrastructure Projects
Include the following
- Acted for the Great Yarmouth Port Authority and the Great Yarmouth Port Company in promoting the Great Yarmouth Port Harbour Revision Order. (2013-14).
- Acted for the successful applicants in quashing the consent granted for the A5 Road Dualling scheme in Northern Ireland (the largest such scheme proposed in the history of Northern Ireland) in Re Alternative Alliance  NIQB 30.
- Acted for Network Rail in successfully resisting a challenge to the vesting order orders required for the redevelopment of Birmingham New Street Station in R (Argos Ltd) v Birmingham City Council  EWHC 2639 (Admin);  J.P.L. 401.
- Acted for Network Rail in successfully resisting to a challenge to the redevelopment of Hampton Court railway station in R (Garner) v Elmbridge BC  JPL 119.
- Successfully promoted the Cambridgeshire Guided Bus Transport and Works Order (longest guided bus in Europe) (2004).
- Successfully acted for the County Planning and Waste and Minerals authority at the call-in public inquiry into road and rail freight depot proposal at RAF Alconbury
- Successfully promoted the Fordham Bypass CPO at public inquiry (2002).
- Successfully acted for Northampton BC in R v Northampton Borough Council ex parte Northampton Rapid Transit System (Case No: CO/1616/2000).