Gregory is a member of the Compulsory Purchase Association. He regularly acts both for acquiring authorities/developers and those resisting compulsory acquisition. He advises on compulsory purchase and valuation and compensation matters and appears in the high court, Lands Chamber and at compulsory purchase public inquiries.
The most recent Chambers and Partners Directory comments that Gregory is;
“renowned for his expertise in matters involving CPOs”
Selected Compulsory Purchase and Compensation Cases include:
- Acting for the Royal School in connection with compensation claim against the Highways Agency arising from CPO in respect of works to A3. (2015 ongoing)
- Acting for the Great Yarmouth Port Authority resisting section 10 claim brought by Bourne leisure in respect of alleged nuisance caused by construction of Outer Harbour (2014 ongoing).
- Alternative A5 Alliance's Application for Judicial Review, Re  NIQB 30 high court challenge to compulsory acquisition in connection with roads order.
- Acted for Able UK successfully resisting DCO Compulsory acquisition in relation to C/Gen proposed power generator (2013 ongoing).
- Acted for Everything Everywhere (Formerly Orange PCS Ltd) re proposed compulsory acquisition by Wolf Minerals Ltd to extend mining operations under Minerals (Mines and Working Facilities) Act 1966 (2013 ongoing).
- Acted for Battersea Power Station Group (developers of Battersea Power station) re TFL’s TWAO for Northern Line Extension (2013).
- Acting for the Goldhawk Road Shopkeepers resisting Sheppard’s Bush Market CPO (3 week CPO public inquiry) (2013).
- Acted for Able UK in successfully promoting Able Marine energy park on Humber estuary involving inter alia successful CPO of Network rail rights (2012-13).
- R(Argos) v Birmingham City Council and Network Rail  EWHC 2639, successfully representing Network Rail in a judicial review of the compulsory acquisition of land for the re-development of Birmingham New Street Station.
- Successfully acted for TM Sutton Limited owner of the “Money Shop” in high court challenge to “Victoria Area, Westminster” CPO (2011).
- Resisting London Thames Gateway Development Corporation CPO of the ‘Fatwalk' on behalf of the Lee Valley Regional Park Authority (2010).
- Successfully promoted for the Environment Agency: The Silk Stream flood alleviation scheme: Edgware, Middlesex, Compulsory Purchase Order 2005.
- Olympic CPO 2012 acted for the Lea Valley Regional Park Authority.
- Gavin v Doncaster MBC (ACQ206/205) (Lands Tribunal) Valuation dispute, human rights application of Pye v UK.
- Acted for claimant in dispute between Commercial & Warehouse Properties Limited and Union railways concerning return to claimant of land acquired but said by claimant to be unnecessary for the purposes of the Channel Tunnel Rail Link. (2004).
- Successfully promoted Cambridgeshire Guided Busway by TWOA order– longest guided busway in world involving extensive compulsory acquisition. (2004).
- Successfully promoted Fordham Bypass CPO at public inquiry (March, 2002).
- Appeared for the Society of Friends resisting the Paradise Street CPO at inquiry, Liverpool (2003).
- Titchmarsh v Surrey CC (Lands Tribunal)  R.V.R. 218 compulsory purchase; compensation; car breaker's business; valuation forced sale.
- Acted for local authority in multi million pound valuation dispute hearing between Torbay Borough Council and Torbay Housing Association concerning the proposed involuntary transfer of the Council's housing stock (1996-1997).