Chambers has a reputation for excellence in planning and related areas of law and is consistently featured in both Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500 for our expertise and leading role in the field.
We are instructed by both the private and the public sectors. Whist our private clients include many of the country's largest commercial operators, Chambers is also respected for its work on behalf of community and interest groups, small businesses and individuals.
Our work in the public sector is for local government and for other public bodies.
Chambers undertakes work in all areas of planning law, appearing at:
- Planning and enforcement appeal inquiries
- Development plan inquiries
- Examinations in public and in the law courts when challenges are made to administrative decisions
Members are regularly instructed in relation to a broad spectrum of schemes including:
- Leisure and sport
- Major infrastructure projects
- Listed buildings
- Local plans
- Section 106 and CIL agreements
- Restrictive covenants