Chambers holds a rolling programme of events including seminars and breakfast briefings. They are directed towards professional clients and to relevant lay clients. FTB is a Law Society and Bar Standards Board accredited CPD provider. Seminars may qualify for CPD points under the rules of other professional governing bodies including the RTPI and RICS. For further information please contact Deirdre Mahon, Marketing Manager or one of our clerks - 020 7353 8415
FTB Annual Planning Forum Manchester, 24 September 2018
This half day afternoon seminar will provide an opportunity to be informed about and discuss the latest developments in planning with some of the leading barristers in the field.
It will focus on key practical issues, providing a convenient way for busy solicitors, planning consultants and local authority officers to keep up to date and manage the implications of recent changes.
Registration from 1.45pm. Seminar from 2.00 - 5.30pm. Drinks reception from 5.30-6.30pm.
The seminar will be chaired by Morag Ellis QC
- NPPF - all change? - Gregory Jones QC, Jeremy Pike
- Bias and members’ interests - James Pereira QC, Cain Ormondroyd
- Effective statement of reasons in planning cases - Ned Westaway
- Case law update - Juan Lopez
- CPO powers in planning cases - Melissa Murphy
- Current Green Belt issues - Craig Howell Williams QC
- Q&A followed by drinks reception
Event Speakers: Morag Ellis QC, Craig Howell Williams QC, Gregory Jones QC, James Pereira QC, Jeremy Pike, Melissa Murphy, Juan Lopez, Cain Ormondroyd, Ned Westaway
CPD: 3 CPD Points
Cost: £40 + VAT per attendee Book now
Annual Licensing Seminar for Police
An all day seminar for police licensing officers and solicitors.
Registration from 10.30am. Seminar from 11.00 am to 3.30pm.
Chairman: Gary Grant
11.00am Closure Orders - Charles Streeten
11.30am Minimum Unit Pricing - Jeremy Phillips QC
12.35pm The amended s.182 Guidance - James Rankin
1.20pm Lunch (sandwich lunch will be provided)
2.15pm Licensing Plans and red lines - Charles Holland
3.00pm Discussion on licensing topics
3.30pm Close followed by drinks and nibblesVenue: Francis Taylor Building, Inner Temple, London, EC4Y 7BY
Event Speakers: Jeremy Phillips QC, James Rankin, Gary Grant, Charles Holland, Charles Streeten
CPD: 3 hours
Cost: There is no charge to attend this event but places are limited and must be reserved in advance Book now
Current Issues in the Law of Rights of Way, Commons and Public Open Spaces
12th November 2018. Registration from 1.30pm. Seminar from 1.50 - 6.00pm followed by a short drinks reception.
This all afternoon seminar will include legal and practical sessions from leading and expert practitioners from FTB. The seminar will be chaired by Stephen Sauvain QC.
The seminar will discuss the hottest current topics in highways and open spaces law, with contributions from practitioners involved in some of the leading cases of the last twelve months including R (Lancashire CC) v SSEFRA  EWCA Civ 721 and Ramblers' Association v SSEFRA  EWHC 716 (Admin). It is designed to be accessible to lawyers, practitioners and interested individuals at all levels, recognising the wider public interest in the footpath and open space network.
The topics to be covered include:
- Carrying out works on commons - Philip Petchey.
- Managing private events on the highway, public rights of way, commons and public open space - David Matthias QC, George Mackenzie.
- Statutory incompatibility (part 1): village greens - R(Lancashire cc) v SSEFRA - Douglas Edwards QC
- Statutory incompatibility (part 2): public rights of way - Ramblers' Association v SSEFRA - Juan Lopez.
- The England Coast Path - practical and legal issues - Ned Westaway, Caroline Daly.
- Traffic regulations orders and public space protection orders - Timothy Comyn, Charles Forrest.
- Definitive map modification order update - Roxlena and other recent decisions and cases - Hugh Flanagan.
- Extinguishing level crossings by Transport and Works Act order and other means - Mark Westmoreland Smith, Merrow Golden.
Venue: The Law Society, 113 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1PL
Event Speakers: Stephen Sauvain QC, David Matthias QC, Douglas Edwards QC, Philip Petchey, Timothy Comyn, Juan Lopez, Mark Westmoreland Smith, Hugh Flanagan, Ned Westaway, Caroline Daly, Charles Forrest, Merrow Golden
Cost: £50 + VAT per attendee Book now